Subtle Facial Rejuvenation
Welcome to the world of the thread lift (also known as cosmetic threading) – a treatment that’s ideal for busy people wanting to enjoy the look and feel of a firmer, more youthful visage.
The beauty of cosmetic threading:
+ the procedure takes less than an hour;
+ minimal recovery time;
+ no need for an expensive hospital stay;
+ subtle, natural looking results;
+ virtually no risk compared to a surgical facelift
While cosmetic threading subtly reduces the facial sagging which develops between our late 30’s to early 50’s, this treatment may also be combined with dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections for enhanced results.
A thread lift is a relatively minor procedure (compared to a surgical facelift) which targets the signs of facial ageing in two ways:
- Lifting – our skilled medical practitioner uses thread-like sutures to gather, re-position and anchor the skin in strategic locations, to immediately reveal a sleeker, more defined and youthful appearance.
- Rejuvenating – the insertion of cosmetic threads dramatically boosts collagen production in the treated areas, leading to a gradual improvement in skin’s tone and texture for many months afterwards.
The cosmetic threads are inserted under the skin, so that they are invisible and most people cannot feel them at all once their skin has healed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What results can I expect?
A numbing cream is applied to the specific facial areas to be treated, before our qualified medical practitioner uses a specially designed thin needle to gather the loose areas of skin and tissue.
While you may experience some mild swelling or discomfort afterwards, over the counter pain relief is usually all that is required.
How long does a thread lift last?
The sutures are gradually absorbed by the body after about six months, however the rejuvenating effects last much longer and may continue to be seen for up to three years, mainly due to the benefits of increased collagen production.
What are the threads made from?
We use Silhouette Soft®, a sterile, high quality thread made from a biocompatible material called PLA (Polylactic Acid), which has been specially designed for safe reabsorption by the body.
What about aftercare?
Avoid rubbing your face when bathing or moisturising in the week following your treatment. We also recommend sleeping with your head propped up slightly during this time, so you don’t roll directly onto your face.
Of course if you do notice any signs of infection or have any concerns after a thread lift, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Helfrich YR, Sachs DL, Voorhees JJ. Overview of skin aging and photoaging. Dermatol Nurs. 2008;20:177–183.
2. Nkengne A, Bertin C. Aging and facial changes–documenting clinical signs, part 1: clinical changes of the aging face. Skinmed. 2012;10:284–289.
3. M.A. Sulamanidze, M.A. Shiffman, T.G. Paikidze, G.M. Sulamanidze, and L.G. Gavasheli.
International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology. Dec 2001.275-281. http://doi.org/10.1089/15308200152941199
Published in Volume: 3 Issue 4: July 5, 2004.